Ask, Answer & Discover

Latest Questions

Q: What happens if I receive an I-20 to a different school?

A: If you received an I-20 after scheduling your appointment, then you can inform the U.S. consular officer of the new I-20 at the time of the interview.

Q: Can a person on the dependent visa work in the US?

A: Whether someone on a dependent visa can work in the U.S. depends on the visa category. For instance, H4 dependents cannot work while many L2 dependents can.

Q: Who pays the fraud prevention and detection fee and when do they pay?

A: An applicant for an L-1 visa traveling on a blanket petition must pay the Fraud Prevention and Detection fee. On individual L, H-1B, and H-2B petitions, the U.S. petitioner pays the Fraud...

Q: Can US-based relative sponsor work visa?

A: No, only the employer can sponsor a work visa.

Q: How long can I stay in the US on a tourist or business visa?

A: A U.S. nonimmigrant visa grants you permission to travel to a Port of Entry (airport/seaport) in the United States. When you arrive at your destination Port of Entry, the U.S. Customs and Border...

Q: Can a child born outside the US to lawful permanent resident enter the US?

A: A child born abroad to parents who are U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents may enter the United States without a visa, provided the child is accompanied by a parent, upon that parent's first return to...

Q: If lawful permanent Resident parents leave their newborn child abroad with family members and return to the US and later want the child to join them, what must they do?

A: The child must have an immigrant visa to enter the United States. The Lawful Permanent Resident parent(s) must file an F2A (minor child) or F2B (unmarried child over 21 years old) preference...

Q: I was a lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) who left the United States for several years. Can I still return to the United States using my green card?

A: As a Lawful Permanent Resident, you may not remain outside theUS for more than one year unless you receive a re-entry permit from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before your...

Q: How can an Indian citizen enter the Diversity visa or green card lottery?

A: Indian citizens are not included in the diversity immigrant program. Persons of other nationalities resident in India may be included.

Q: Can I still qualify for a tourist visa if I have a pending immigration petition?

A: Yes. Having an immigrant petition on file is not grounds for an automatic refusal for a nonimmigrant visa. However, the consular officer reviewing your nonimmigrant visa application will require...