Ask, Answer & Discover

Latest Questions

Q: I want to know weather my visa is cancelled

Q: How much is the duty-free allowance on gold for Indian passengers?

A: If gold is brought into India in the form of Gold Bars, Biscuits, or Coins, the individual has to pay duty on the entire volume of gold brought in. However, if the individual decides to bring gold...

Q: Can I bring gold coin or biscuit within the allowance amount?

A: No, the allowance is only on gold jewelry. Gold in any other form is liable to pay duty.

Q: What is the maximum amount of gold that I can bring above the duty-free allowance?

A: The maximum amount of gold that you can bring against duty-free allowance is up to 1kg. jewelry can be crude gold or gold biscuits.

Q: What are the customs duty for a passenger to bring gold if he didn't complete six months of stay abroad?

A: The customs duty-free for a passenger if he didn't complete six months of stay abroad is up to 36.05% may be charged.

Q: What is the maximum amount of gold allowed upon payment of duty?

A: A passenger can bring up to 1kg of gold upon payment of customs duty. More than 1kg per passenger is not allowed.

Q: I need to obtain a Nativity certificate as I do not have any original documentation relating to my parents were born in Goa. The Embassy will not accept copies of their birth certificates even though they were attested to by the District Magistrate. Can you advise what process or procedure I need to follow to achieve this. Thanks Mario

A: Getting your nativity is not that difficult a task, provided you know the procedure and the pre-requisites in order to be eligible for a nativity certificate from your state. You will need to fill...

Q: Hi, Can an agricultural land be registered in the name of an OCI (daughter)when it is purchased by an indian citizen(father) to save registering the same land or later inheritting it? Thanks

A: An NRI is eligible to inherit property from a resident of India, and also a non-resident Indian. However, you must make sure that the person you inherit property from has obtained the real estate...

Q: Hi i lost my pasport in my home. i could not note down any detail of my pasport. i am sarvesh kumar s/o sobaran Singh DOB- 21-09-1987 Pancard no-BHKPK6944D Aadhar no- 75977912 7469 find my pasport no is it possible

A: No, you cannot get the details of lost passport by using PAN and Aadhar card, you should re-apply for the new passport. To re-apply your passport you can follow the link...

Q: Hi, As my passport DoB is wrong and I was first issued passport on 2004 and I was not aware of the time frame of 5 years to change the DoB. As I have renewed my passport now on 2018 and what to change the DoB now so what's the procedure and can it be done. As my all the documents are of different date and it's creating issue in the visa process. Thanks, Kay

A: An application for re-issue of passport in respect of change in personal particulars will have to be submitted for changing the date of birth in India passport. If the error was from passport...