I am an NRI born in Pune ,Maharashtra on

Question: I am an NRI born in Pune ,Maharashtra on 19th May 1946. I am applying for an OCI. I lost my birth certificate . On inquiry in Pune it was confirmed that unfortunately my original birth certificate original was presumed destroyed in the floods in in Pune in 1959. I applied for a Nativity certificate at the District Collector office in Pune. He denied that he can issue this certificate. What can I do ? I have all the documents including my father's passport with my name and date of birth written in it. when he left India in August 1946


Your Answer

Related Questions

Q: Can residential/commercial property be mortgaged by NRI?

A: The sale proceeds of immovable property acquired by way of gift should be credited to NRO account only. From the balance in the NRO account, NRI/PIO may remit up to USD one million, per financial...

Q: How can an NRI make payment for the purchase of residential property in India?

A: Payment can be made by NRI / PIO out of : Funds remitted to India through normal banking channels or Funds held in NRE / FCNR (B) / NRO account maintained in India No payment can be made...

Q: Is repatriation of the application money for booking of flat/ payment made to the builder by NRI allowed when the flat is not allowed or the booking contract is canceled?

A: The Authorised Dealers can allow NRIs / PIOs to credit refund of application/ earnest money/ purchase consideration made by the house building agencies/ seller on account of non-allotment of flat/...

Q: If the rupee loan was taken by the NRI from an authorized dealer for the purchase of a residential property can an NRI repatriate the sale proceeds of such property?

A: Yes, Authorised Dealers have been authorised to allow repatriation of sale proceeds of residential accommodation purchased by NRIs/ PIOs out of funds raised by them by way of loans from the...