How to apply Indian passport for an infant when the father is abroad

Question: How to apply Indian passport for an infant when the father is abroad?


Raju Kanumuri: It is not a big problem, You can even apply for the passport to your infant though your husband is abroad, provided if your passport is endorsed with your spouse name and then you have to file a form called Annexure ‘H’, Affidavit/declaration by applicant's parents or guardian for issue of passport to minor, signed by the parents, (in the case of parent residing abroad the declaration is to be attested by the Indian Mission abroad).

Your Answer

Related Questions

Q: Are debits and credits to NRO accounts allowed freely by banks maintaining the accounts?

A: Yes, individual credits beyond rs.10,000 are however supported by documentary evidence to indicate that the funds represent legitimate dues of the account holder.

Q: Are NRIs permitted to maintain accounts in rupees or in foreign currency?

A: Accounts can be maintained by NRIs either in rupees or in foreign currency.

Q: Are the balance held by the non-resident in their NRO account repatriable?

A: The balance held in NRO accounts continue to remain non-repatriable. The deposits representing only current income (like pension, dividend, rent, interest etc.) will be permitted to be repatriated...

Q: What is the penalty for premature withdrawal of an FCNR deposit?

A: Interest in such cases is paid at one percent below the interest rate payable for the period for which the deposit has actually remained with the bank.