How can I revoke General Power of Attorney issued to my brother in India

Question: How can I revoke General Power of Attorney issued to my brother in India. I am staying in Dubai. ?


Raju Kanumuri: There are five simple steps to revoke your Power of Attorney. These are:
*Draft a Power of Attorney Revocation deed. You could consult a trained lawyer for this.
*If the Power of Attorney issued by you had been notarized, you will need to get the Revocation deed notarized as well.
*Send a copy to the designated person. Ideally, you should do this by registered post so that you have proof that he/she has received it.
*Send a copy of the revocation deed to all the institutions and banks where the designated person has conducted transactions for you. For further more queries you can follow the link
*Also, send a copy to the deed registry office where you had initially issued the Power of Attorney. In all of this, also make sure that you have a copy of the document as well.

Your Answer

Related Questions

Q: Does an NRI, FII require any approval from the RBI to invest in mutual funds?

A: No special approvals are required. NRIs/FIIs have been granted general permission by RBI for investing in/redeeming units of funds subject to conditions set out in the aforesaid regulations.

Q: What is the tax liability on redemptions?

A: Under Section 2(42A) of the Income Tax Act, units of the fund held as a capital asset for a period of more than 12 months immediately preceding the date of transfer, will be treated as a long-term...

Q: What is the tax liability for income received from mutual funds?

A: As per Section 10(35) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, income received from mutual fund units specified under Section 10(23D) is exempt from income tax in India and the mutual funds are subject to pay...

Q: Can an NRI have a joint account in mutual funds with a resident Indian?

A: Yes. An NRI investor can jointly own a fund account with a resident Indian or an NRI.