Can Government securities/units be freely transferred or sold

Question: Can Government securities/units be freely transferred or sold?


Raju Kanumuri: Yes, provided the transfers/sales are arranged through an authorised dealer. Units can, however, be repurchased directly by UTI.

Source : Reserve Bank Of India

Your Answer

Related Questions

Q: Are NRIs privileged to give away shares as gifts to relatives?

A: Yes. Reserve Bank has granted general permission for NRIs to transfer or present as gifts, shares, bonds and debentures of Indian companies held by them with Reserve Bank's permission to their...

Q: What procedure should be followed by NRIs for sale/transfer of shares to residents by private arrangements?

A: NRIs are expected to submit application in form TS 1 to Reserve Bank for sale of shares/debentures by private arrangements.

Q: How can NRIs do the sale/transfer of shares held by them with repatriation benefits?

A: In the case of shares /debentures /bonds acquired by NRIs through stock exchanges under the Portfolio Investment Scheme, general exemption has been granted for transfer through stock exchanges...

Q: Are NRIs permitted to transfer/sell their shares held on non-repatriation basis to resident freely?

A: Yes. General exemption has been granted by Reserve Bank for transfer/sale of shares/debentures/bonds by NRIs/OCBs through stock exchanges if such transfers are made in favor of an Indian citizen or...