The number of Indian students who are opting to study abroad, especially in the USA, has been drastically increasing. Having medical or health insurance is one of the crucial aspects for international students to be a part of one of the major universities in America. It is advisable by experts that students must opt for a plan that provides coverage beyond health aspects. Let's provide a quick guide to find out the best health insurance plans for international students in the USA
[Also Read: How To Get Study Visa For USA]
What is International Health Insurance?
International Health Insurance is designed specifically to come up with inclusive of all healthcare cover benefits for those who are moving away from their home country for a specified period. These plans are perfectly suitable for expats and their families, individuals with dual residences, multinational employers, and others. Despite enjoying the global experience, going abroad can pose multiple potential risks. It will surely provide you the global peace of mind that you are seeking while staying abroad.
What Are The Best Health Insurance Plans For International Students?
Most of the students plan to move abroad at the age group ranging from 16 to 40 years. One can buy a policy for an entire year and can be renewed three months in advance. Below are the few Best picks for the Best Health Insurance Plans for students seeking to study abroad
- Compass Student Insurance
- PGH Global
- International Student Insurance
- ISO Insurance
- Insurance for Students
- Lewer Mark
- International Travel Insurance Group
Key features Of International Health Insurance
- One must adhere to the company's credibility while enjoying the benefits of the insurance plan. It is important to compare various insurance plans before choosing a one.
- It must be affordable to purchase and fall within your stipulated budget. Plans with moderate premiums are easy to pay and are not that much hard on your pocket.
- While opting for a plan, make sure that it should not have a lot of exclusions or an extensively high premium.
- Any additional or missing feature will reflect in your premium amount. You must cross-check the plan before signing the contract.
- Before making investments in any plan, take a review of the claim settlement ratio of the insurance provider. Average percentage above than usual will be an indicator of hassle-free claim settlements.
- Analyze if any physical activity like sports that you are interested in taking part in must be covered in your insurance plan.
- Last, but not the least, check the location factors as international health insurance coverage plans vary from country to country to avoid haplessness.
The fundamental elements that your insurance cover must offer
- Emergency Medical Charges
- Expenses for Dental Treatment
- Permanent Disability
- Accidental Health Benefit
- Medical Evacuation
- Body Repatriation
- Loss of Check-in Luggage
- Delay of Checked Luggage
- Missed Departure or Missed Connection
- Trip Delay
- Loss of Passport
- Personal Liability
- Study Interruption
- Sponsor Protection
- Daily Cash Allowance Benefit
- Compassionate Visit
- Psychological Coverage
- Screening and Examinations
- Treatment for Expectant Mothers
- Childcare Benefit
- Hijack Cash Benefit
- Fraudulent charges for Payment Card Security
- Emergency Accommodation Benefit
[Also Read: How To Apply For Re-issue Of Passport]
What International Student Health Insurance Plans won't cover
Everything has two aspects – good and bad. In the same way, the International Health Insurance plan also comes along with some exclusions. Let us help you to find out such situations when you will be out-of-cover
- Expenses incurred due to pre-existing medical ailment unless the person who has taken an insurance coverage is in a severe condition.
- Expenses incurred due to any of the following condition
- Any harm caused due to self-infliction such as Suicide, Injury, or illnesses
- Any mental disorder
- Stress, Anxiety, or Depression
- Any venereal disease
- Alcohol or Drug Addiction
- Expenses incurred in a situation where
- When you are traveling whereas your doctor has advised you not to do so
- Having a specified medical treatment
- Traveling overseas for having a medical treatment
- Suffering from a terminal disease
- Any theft activity, Damage or loss of passport due to carelessness, and was not reported to the local officials after that.
- Partial Damage or checked-in baggage has been lost(Only complete loss or Damage is considered)
- Arise of any war-like situation in the country where you are traveling.
It will be your choice if you want to opt for some additional benefits to fortify the cover. It will not be a wise decision to choose any of the Cheapest International Health Insurance for the students from various backgrounds to save merely a few bucks. There is another question that arises in the minds of Indians residing overseas. Can NRI buy health insurance in India? The answer will be yes; they can. Have a peaceful study period abroad.